View Single Post
Old 04-05-2014, 08:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've had a lot of these done on me, but I'm no professional. I can tell you what I think is the general conclusion, but you need to review this carefully with the doctor who ordered the test.

The flesh around the vertebrae in your neck isn't swollen, which I think means it's normal--not inflamed. The vertebrae (disks) in your neck are lined up properly, and there's no swelling (edema) or bone replacement (calcification, like boney scar tissue I think).

One disk, C2-3, sounds like it may have some osteoarthritis?

Disk C3-4 has some problems, starting to deteriorate BUT it's not pressing on your spinal cord--that's very good!!

Disk CS-6 sounds like it's in worse shape and is in contact with your spinal cord. I have several vertebrae in my neck and lower back squeezing my spinal cord, and there are treatments ... don't get upset. It's not fatal, just a condition that sometimes comes with arthritis. You have lots of company.

C6-7 is a lot like CS-6. You might have twinges or some numbness associated with this, but acupuncture got rid of the pain and the numbness for me for about 15 years--and there're other treatments.

C7-T1 has a bit of osteoarthritis I think but not enough to affect the spinal cord.

This sounds a lot better than my initial MRI and I've been coping with this for almost 20 yrs since the first diagnosis. Physical therapy can make a big, big difference ... if they offer you that option.

Don't despair. It's all a huge nuisance but the main risk is falling. If your feet become numb at any point, start using a walker all the time. You can't trust your balance with numb or even tingling feet.

And I urge you to consider acupuncture if you are experiencing pain. It was a miracle for me, and no side effects like drugs have! Exercise, meditate, but live your life. This will slow you down but with a good doctor you still have a future worth working for.

All the best.
Roads
Roads is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jraven2800 (04-06-2014)