View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 08:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

"Anyway, I am giggling at you. I shouldn't say that. What I mean is I am understanding of your fear of the RF. I could NOT wrap my brain around it! I thought just as you did. If they are going to destroy the medial branch nerves, I WILL feel it!! WRONG! I didn't feel a thing! What your doctor told you is correct. So, I will just add what my own doc said. He said that the medial branch nerves sole purpose in life is to transmit pain."

Thanks for the information on your experiences Kathi....it helps me so much because, truly, I just don't get it. When my doctors handout says things like "semi-permanent" results.....really!!!!! What the heLL does SEMI permanent mean....who writes this stuff?!?!

I am waffling with the decision with the ablation vs ESI because even though the pain has softened, it is only lower, like someone turned the dial from 10 to 5...enough to get me out of bed and more functional but not ready to resume swimming and physical therapy. My doc explained that if not ALL the pain was gone, he did not get all the facet joints that were affected. You do encourage me by saying your relief was a yr or longer, that is terrific.

Your advice to give it two weeks was also very helpful because I thought it would only be a few days that would indicate my best result.

You certainly have gone through quite an ordeal and having to now deal with a fragile c3 c4 that if damaged could cause paralysis or stopping breathing is so stressful. I hope you never have to deal with that issue worsening. Do you ever wear a cervical collar or anything to protect yourself? Or perhaps do PT or exercises to strengthen your neck and upper back?

Again, thanks for sharing. Bless you, Diandra
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote