Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 02:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
The bike may make problems worse for you. I found that bikes, both recumbant and vertical and the calf machines at the gym
made my PN much worse or invoked a flare.

So you may find the same....please start at short intervals, like 5-10 minutes only with little resistance. If you have any compression anywhere, movement of the ankle may increase it.

Also I forgot ....did you have heavy metal screening? Accidental ingestion of heavy metals can cause a rapid PN. Arsenic is the most common, but mercury and/or cadmium are also potential culprits.
I've been doing 20 minutes at a time on the bike. The shoes and socks are a little bothersome but the actual cycling hasn't caused problems. I get a noticeable flare afterwards from the activity, but I feel generally better the rest of the day. The increased blood flow and oxygen seem to be helping.

I still haven't been tested for heavy metals, but after my nerve conduction study I'll be pushing for further testing based on the results. Me and the neurologist are still working things out and building trust. He's been very responsive to my emails but obviously isnt as interested in my case as I am. I'm my own advocate at this point.
IH8PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (04-07-2014)