Thread: Two Root Canals
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 03:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi lealynn,

If you are interested in learning the facts about root canaled teeth and your health you can google both of these reliable sources :
Dr Mercola and root canals.... Dr George Meinig and root canals.

This statement that you wrote your dentist said needs to be clarified:

<<I am supposed to see the dentist tomorrow because he had taken the temporary filling out to let it breath. (No infection in the tooth because no puss) He felt the infection was now in the bone.>>

Pus is not the only indicator of an infection. It is usually indicative of a very severe, long term infection which is where this tooth is headed. First let me inform you that there is no such thing as "letting the tooth breath"... that is 100% bogus. He took the temporary filling out because the hundreds of tiny canals that are not accessible contain dead infected nerve tissue and they are severely inflamed from the bacteria residing inside of them. This is causing a build up of toxic gas inside of the tooth. He left the tooth open in an attempt to reduce the pain and swelling from the inflammation inside of the tooth. However, the tiny canals will continue to contain infected nerve tissue for the life of the tooth and leaving the tooth open has no bearing on these canals. It does however allow the large canals to drain which may reduce some of the pain/swelling but it also means the bacteria is draining into your mouth and being swallowed. From a systemic stand point you can imagine this not a healthy predicament to be in. I suggest that you rinse vigorously with warm salt water several times a day to reduce some of the bacteria being ingested.

Another statement I want to clarify....
<<< He felt the infection was now in the bone.>>>

In your case in order for the bone to be infected, the tooth needs to be infected. The bacteria that causes the infection to spread to the bone is residing inside of your tooth... actually both of your molars. If these teeth were to be extracted more than likely there would be pus in the bone. Another concern is that these teeth are in close proximity to your sinuses. Some molars are in direct communication with the sinus... yours may or may not be. Chronically infected teeth which pertains to ALL root canaled teeth can infect the sinuses and beyond.

I know you are scared and unfortunately your dentist has sold you on root canal treatment without giving you ALL of the information.

Before you proceed with more of this root canal treatment, arm yourself with some knowledge given by Dr Mercola and Dr Meinig.

Bryanna
Bryanna,

Thank you for going to all the trouble of getting back to me! I did quickly look at the writing of Dr. George Meinig DDS and noticed the information he was speaking of was written many years ago.