View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 09:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Surgery for Neck seroma drainage scheduled

So my surgery is finally scheduled, I opted for sooner than later although it is going to be quite expensive since I have to pay OOP (no more US insurance). It is on April 16th back at MGH, Dr. Donahue plans to place a catheter inside when he opens me up to make sure that the seroma is the only issue. I'll have it inside me for 2 weeks but I don't plan to stay in Boston more than 1 night. I am also opting to do local anesthesia vs general which Dr. D does not recommend but says he will do it. I am only opting to do that because it saves me a lot of $. I am living off disability and paying up front for this is hard enough.

Only downside is I KNOW I will feel everything and the pain and I am beginning to freak out about it...

-6/20/14 Seroma Drainage Right Side

-7/18/13 Re-do of Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression by Resection of Cervical Rib, First Rib, and Neurolysis

-8/30/12 Unsuccessful Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression via Scalenectomy, Brachial Plexus and C2 through T1 Neurolysis, Resection of fibrous band attachment to Cervical Rib and Pectoralis Minor Tenetomy
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote