View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 03:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Temporal lobe seizures(??)

I'm having "fast moods" where time goes...fast. I've had these since I was a kid. Age 18 had EEG showing bilateral temporal spikes. No follow through.

I've had depression and drs are always 100% focused on that, but since I've had some more of these "fast moods" and notice they seem to coincide with severe anxiety depression even paranoia I'm wondering if there could be a link?

I can't really function in a "fast mood". I don't lose consciousness but HAVE had blank outs in my medical history (walked into traffic once).

In these...fast moods, time just feels warped. I hear a buzzing separate from my normal tinnitus. When the pitch changes, time begins to return to normal. Oh and I can't tolerate certain sounds, like paper, and I have to touch my finger to my nose and walk real slowly. I feel like I'm in a tunnel, and almost....like I'm not even quite in my own body. Obviously, trying to explain these things--happens about for 12-25 minutes sometimes nit for a year,,then sometimes 10 times a week--when you have a history if depression...doctors just blow me off. But I've been reading about temporal lobe spikes. They can lead to mental problems?? Trouble learning, chNges in personality? I'm not myself...admit yes I have issues but does any of what I describe here ring a bell for anyone who's also had temporal lobe EEG spikes? I was put on phenobarbital but never had a follow up and it's been a few decades... And I want an EEG done, just to make sure? Should I?? I'd appreciate some advice from somebody who's been there.

I just feel in my gut something's going on that's contributing to my current mental state. Thanks, this is my first post.
Qwerky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote