View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 12:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieDebbie View Post
Being peri-menopausal and having so far refused to risk taking HRT, when presented recently with the option to use a low dose, topical Estrogen tablet (Vagifem), I decided to give it a go.

My Gyno told me it doesn't absorb into the bloodstream, for which my research tells me was a fib.

Anyway, it seems that within a few days a nasty flare up started. Stinging dominates my feet 24/7.

I'm wondering if any of you ladies have had a similar reaction? If its not these tablets then I'm guessing its time to increase my pain meds a little.

The Gynocologist told me to stay on Vagifem the rest of my life, but I will not be doing so if they have caused this extra pain.
No idea about the product that you are using, but I have had increased nerve pain since I was 15 at that time of the month. Sciatica pains in both legs and knees for the first three days of my period. I am 52 and still pretty regular. I have CMT (hereditary sensory-motor neuropathy). The pain can be debilitating. Hormones definitely affect pain perception. My regular heavy pain meds barely touch it and only large doses of ibuprofen seem to help, which makes it seem like a water retention/inflammation issue. Have you noticed any water retention from the Vagifem?
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aussie99 (09-02-2014), AussieDebbie (04-09-2014)