View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 12:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks so much Annie. I've had such a difficult time getting it all pieced together despite going to "the best" hospitals in the country.

I am + for the parietal cell and have weekly B12 IMs. And, yes, I have GI problems every which way. They define my life yet prior to cdiff/toxic mega colon I was the healthiest person EVER. No neuro, no rheum and certainly no GI issues.

They did follow the traditional SMA trail and all subsequent liver testing looked fine. And as far as RA they say, "RF quant is pos in a lot of AI disease and doesn't tell us anything". And my C4 continues to plummet (it seems to correlate w how bad my sx are) but the dr just says, "that doesn't mean anything".

I'm having such a hard time as I've basically forfeited my life. I have my masters from an ivy league sch, had a great job, loved my life etc and now I'm just home sick - on some days I barely function at all. To not have answers on top of feeling so sick or have a lack of cohesion w the different positive antibodies is nearly breaking my spirit.

I feel as though I fall into the "complicated case" pile and it is much easier to deal with the easier patients. I think the only thing we can all agree on is that my gut flora has irrevocably changed and that it wreaking havoc on my immune sys.

Sorry for the pity party. I'm so desperate for my life back and feel like Im getting no real answers.

I appreciate ur insight.
Needananswer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote