View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 12:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Mdinpain2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDinpain View Post
Two big accomplishments this week:

1) biked up old la Honda road in under 20 minutes - "semi-pro" speed per a book I read - really hard!!!

2) faced my demons - bilateral lower leg crps with SCS vs. powder skiing. I did 8 runs pretty quick. "lean back" as a rap artist has said. Taking my son tomorrow - cant wait! He's expert with the snowball - 3 head shots including an iceball that cut me. Great father son time!

My life isn't easy, but I cherish everything now and I am all that i can be. That a painkiller!
Hi ,
I am new to the site and am your namesake. I read your posting and was very inspired. I am a very keen skier both on hill and backcountry. This all came crashing to a halt 3 years ago...simple ACL tear on a great powder day with my son..then 3 years of hell with a neuropathic pain syndrome brought on by arthroscopy. Tried just about every medicine and therapy known to man. haven't been able to work in the ER since and just about all physical activity has stopped .. I've had 2 trials of SCS with so so results and am being considered for DRG stim. I will read more of your story if you direct me where as I suspect I have a lot to be inspired by and learn from your experience . I suspect we have similar backgrounds and paths . Thats why I chose the name Mdinpain2
MDinpain2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-07-2014), ginnie (04-07-2014), Hannabananna (04-07-2014), PamelaJune (05-06-2014)