View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 02:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I cant thank you enuf, Annie. It means the world to have someone who gets where I am.

I do, in fact, have celiac. Another offshoot from the initial cdiff extravaganza. And while there is no real commercial test for leaky gut we all know I have it. I know some labs can look at zonulin etc - I am seeing the leaky gut guru in May:
Alessio Fasano M.D. at MGH and in all my research he one of the few in mainstream medicine that I can find making the connection bw gut permeability/AI disease. I am hoping he is an outside the box thinker in terms of getting my gut under control but also want to be realistic that there is no magic pill/diet.

I do use HCL but thank u so much for the reminder!

I actually had a stool xfer and ALL of my neuro problems improved almost over night. Sounds far fetched for many folks but I can not even begin to describe the difference. It was night/day but, sadly, not lasting. Such a pump fake bc for a hot minute I thought I was cured.

I do have refractory SIBO and post xfer it was the only thing that eradicated the hydrogen/methane producing buggers. Not even rifaxamin or any other abx combo would do it. Doesn't surprise me as it is the most "potent probiotic" out there but as I said results didnt last

Thank you for your words of wisdom. I am usually quite good as focusing on the positive and what I still can do but as a result of long term pred I am having severe feet issues (they are looking at AVN and other issues) so I have zero mobility at the moment. It is making me crazy beyond but I will break out my paints and do a lil art therapy! I know feeling sorry for myself isn't the answer but I appreciate you reminding me to go easy on myself. It is all such an adjustment!

Thx again for everything.
Needananswer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote