View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 04:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Qwerky,

Welcome to the forum! I've had temporal lobe epilepsy for 42 yrs. and I have bi lateral lesions on both temporal lobes. Depression is a part of having epilepsy some of it is from the meds a person takes to control there sz. (seizures) while sometimes it's just hard for a person to have to deal with epilepsy. What you are describing sounds like you are having complex partial sz. and audio sz. a complex partial sz. is when a person will blank out and sometimes hear a odd sound or words repeated over and over again but really nobody is saying anything and it's a hallucination after that happens a person will often smack their lips or pull at their clothes then they will wander around not realizing what's going on and when the sz. is over they find themselves in a different room than where they were before. I have had this type of sz. along with absence (petit mal) sz. for many yr. An audio sz. is triggered by a certain sound so when you hear paper or other sounds this may be triggering the sz. If I may ask after this is all over do you feel tired, confused, have a headache, and short term memory loss, if you do then you are having sz.
My advice to you is to start seeing an Epileptologist at an Epilepsy center you can find these Drs. at large hospitals or university hospitals these Drs. specialize in epilepsy and can run some tests on you like another e.e.g., MRI, CT scan PET or SPECT scan to find out what's going on. Start keeping track of each time a possible sz. happens write down what time it happens on a calendar along with a description of the sz. this will help the Dr. see if you have a pattern in your sz. if they happen at certain times of the day or night and what days of the month. As far as being moody that can happen from either the med or the area of the brain that is triggering the sz. I have right temporal lobe epilepsy and on the right temporal lobe a person shows their emotions much more so when I was in my teens I was very moody but that stopped after I had brain surgery. Try taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. once a day for adults 500 mcg. for kids. Cut back on the carbs and starch foods and stay away from anything with nutra sweet because the nutra sweet causing more electrical activity in a persons brain and can trigger sz. sometimes. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (04-08-2014), PamelaJune (04-07-2014), Qwerky (04-08-2014)