View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 07:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help Headache will not go away

Hi there, does anyone else find their headaches are worse with the SCS running?

I suffer from cluster headaches and have done for years. I get auras and know those signs point to a migraine settling in. Now of course since 2012 I live in fear of them leading to another grand mal. This particular headache has been non stop since I had the SCS put in. I have tried turning the stim off and it has abated somewhat but never gone away. I told my GP I will never take Xanax again so she has prescribed Valium instead and twice now I have had to take up to 15mg. Bizarrely oxy never touches the headaches at all. I take Panamax every 6 hours as well. I'm beginning to wonder if I have what's called "exploding head syndrome".

I will book a long appt with my GP to complete the required paperwork to go back to my old psychologist, she helped me get back behind the wheel and drive again. Before seeing her I couldn't even walk down a one way street let alone drive down one. My car accident was in a one way street. I think with me not working and driving every day, my anxiety levels have increased and I have dreams every single night about working, going for interviews, getting the job and in the dream I can feel this palpable anxiousness and I wake up feeling drained. Wondering if this is also contributing to the nonstop headache.
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (04-07-2014), Mark56 (04-07-2014)