View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 10:29 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

JaySmitty,

I have been in the dental profession for over 3 decades. I am an educator, trainer and extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I have provided for you is my opinion based on my professional experience and is not meant to be taken as medical advice.

I know you are scared and don't seem to be getting the guidance that you want from the dentists that you have seen. But it is never wise to attempt to self treat an abscessed tooth. Repeated doses of antibiotics are not going to cure the infection and they can actually become counter productive which could be concerning to your overall health.

Based on your various descriptions of your dental problem, the tooth is infected, the infection has spread and the antibiotics are not going to cure it. It would be wise to consult with your dentist again and discuss removal of this tooth.

FYI... Swelling of the throat can occur with an infected lower tooth and when it does, it is considered an emergency situation. A condition called Ludwig's syndrome can occur which will close off the airway. You need to get help with this tooth asap.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmitty33 View Post
Bryanna i still have a little bit of swelling on that tooth definitely not like it was but i can still feel it. Now my throat on the right side feels a little swollen but it's only noticable if you feel it. I know my allergies are starting to go nuts also and i figured that might be causing some throat uncomfort. Should i refill the antibiotics if there's even a little bit of swelling left? It's not notiable like it was but i have been sneezing and feeling of real dry mouth so bad. I can't determine if it's the tooth or the allergies. My stomachs also bothered me. None of my dentists seem to want to answer their phone. lol

Thanks,

Last edited by Bryanna; 04-08-2014 at 06:59 PM. Reason: wanted to add additional information
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-13-2014)