View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 12:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was on Methadone for over a year and it took me a YEAR to wean down from 10mg to nothing without having withdrawal problems. Literally a year. The first time I tried to stop I tried cold turkey. I didn't know anything about the withdrawal problems from it. By day 3 I was on the bathroom floor in the fetal position throwing up and hallucinating. My husband literally shoved a pill down my throat to stop it.

It took 10 hard months and then the last 2 were relatively easy and I was under a dr's care the whole time. When I looked it up on the internet I ended up on a heroin user's forum and they said they'd rather go cold turkey from heroin then from Methadone.

I'm NOT trying to scare you or discourage you. It can be done. You just have to go sloooooow. For people who've never experienced it, 15 mgs can seem like such a small dose, but to your body it's everything. I've been there, done that and do not want to go back.

Go slow, friend. Make sure you and your dr. are working together to wean you from the Methadone. You can do this and you will get through it. Just go slow, ok? I'll say a prayer for you....I know how hard this can be.
Raigne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote