View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 04:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tos with pectoral pain syndrome

Hi, nothing dramatic here. I have a bad back and since my teens have had episodes of excruciating spasms that often envelope my entire torso. Feels like somebody injects gasoline into me and lights it.
Now realize its tos with pectoral pain syndrome, but thankfully it's never got to the point I've had to have it medically investigated (knock on wood lol). Twisting-putting a seatbelt on, even-can trigger the spasm. Seems to run in my family. I have scoliosis too, and degenerative disc disease, which was what I always blamed the spasms on, til I discovered the tos test and failed (to my surprise).
I'm wondering do these two syndromes always go hand in hand? I'm blessed I'm not overly affected with the pain, but when it hits, it's pretty bad for a good 20 mins or so. Least of my problems at the moment, but I thought I'd bring the pectoral pain thingy up, in case there's somebody else who this info might help. Lord knows it shocked me to have an explanation for all the episodes of debilitating pain. Entering middle age concerns me that I could actually have a heart attack and mistake if for tos or pps.