View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 06:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default scheduled for VEEG and having "performance anxiety"

Hi I'm Cat.

I started having seizures in Nov 05 at age 35. Didin't it know it then but was eventually diagnosed since then I have been through local general neuro guy and was then sent after my license had been taken away (grr another story though) to epileptologist in Richmond. HATED him he was rude to my Mom!! who had come 16 1/2 hours to be with me since DH was deployed at the time. Not to mention he never closed his mouth long enough for me to get a word in edgewise and his answer was here lets put you on more meds. The straw that broke the camels back was the nightmares followed by a hallucination which the new spec said was caused by the med combo and an antibiotic. lovely, not....

anyway new spec is in Charlotesville, VA absolutley love him, great team of folks inc students. ACTUALLY listen!! Went for my 2nd appointment with him last week and he wants to do VEEG since EEG and MRI are neg but I am still having breakthrough seizures and I seem to have some sort of mixed type absence and complex partial. oh and of course every now and then I start vomitting for no particular reason or get major headaches jury is out on what is going on there. Perhaps abdominal seizure vs. migraine variant.. yeah...

At first I was thinking no way last guy wanted to do this (endocrinologist) said lets put you in go cold turkey no meds and no food or drink for 72 hours mind you this was less than a week before DH was deploying so the answer had been NO with afew choice words added silently in my head and no so silently later while fuming to my DH.

So now I have run the gambit of yes finally some answers, a concrete died in the wool this is what you have and here is what we can do about it to no way don't have time or patience for this to now what happens if I don't have a seizure. What if I am crazy and this is all in my head or not crazy but they think I am becuase I the guinea pig didn't do the right tricks while being studied in the lab. What if I have a type that requires meds that make my teeth fall out or hair grow all over my face. What if they take my license away again...

So as you can see I have manged to talk/think myself in circles many many circles.....
LCat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote