View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 09:26 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

We are upgrading to a new machine this week. I am in a tizzy about it too. A faster computer with a nice processor, a terrabite of harddrive space, enormous RAM compared to our 2003 computer! But we did find Win 7 for the fast model of Dell we wanted....on Newegg!
Dell itself charges $50 MORE for Win 7 on their models on their site!

I sent an email to Rovio about my Angry Birds download and histories, and they gave me a link to their page online about moving to a new machine. In that page, is their confession, that they themselves do not have Win 8 either, and only up to Win 7.
I think that is quite revealing of a huge business not using the most recent operating system for Windows!

I too would like it to work with the wave of a wand..but looks like we will be struggling with it all for a while. We run back ups on all our machines. The backup industry has become very affordable. I would like to clone my whole harddrive now, so as not to lose programs. sigh.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jprinz99 (06-25-2014)