View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 03:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New and I have Some Questions

Hello all– so what brought me here, was in another forum, someone mentioned “CRPS” and I had no idea what it stood for. I looked it up, and to my surprise almost every symptom seemed directed at me. Let me take you back 10 months ago.

Memorial weekend 2013, I was involved in a really bad ATV accident; where I sustained high-energy breaks. I had two very displaced breaks in my tibia, and a very displaced fibula break. I had emergency surgery to fix my leg; which was an Intramedullary nail, and screws. 3 days later, I ended up deathly sick from an infection resulting from one of my incisions. Back in the hospital for 3 days, to get the infection under control.

During the next 6 months I had so much pain, which resulted in another surgery. After my last surgery I had experienced a lot of Achilles pain from taking some of the screws out of my ankle. Finally around February, unable to get out of this major exhaustion and pain, I decided to go in and get a blood panel done; which came back normal. I was told however, the extreme fatigue could actually be a reaction to the anesthesia, and it can last up to a year! Two doctors stated this, but I simply can’t find any info on it.

I’m going in to see my primary doctor next week, because I can’t live like this. I can hardly keep my eyes open, and the pain experienced daily has worn on me. I figured I would get others opinions and see if anyone has any ideas????

I really appreciate any information!

~Becca
glxpassat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote