View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 05:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Dyankee, Whether it's ingested, inhaled, or rubbed on, steroids do have an effect on antibody production!

Do you have adrenal insufficiency or Addison's disease? It might be time for a recheck with an endocrinologist!

This is archived prescribing information for levothroid. I don't know which brand you take. It has a lot of potential drug and food interactions, including steroids.

Is there a reason you take both that and Armour Thyroid?

I really think a consult with an endo would be a good idea. No question is stupid, especially when it comes to drugs!!

Annie
Hi, Annie: Thank you for answering so promptly. Believe it or not, I just came from my doc who claims that hc absolutely, positively CANNOT interfere with antibody tests. Ugh! I've taken thyroid medication for over thirty years, but in the last fifteen or so levothyroxine alone didn't seem to be effective anymore. My free T3 level kept going down and finally bottomed out well below the range. We added Armour in and retested over and over until we finally got both T4 and T3 in range, but ever after TSH came in at the bottom of the range. I've gotten into more upsets with endos over this. Even the doc who prescribed this regimen has his doubts from time to time and we go back over the same ground. As to the hc, it was prescribed for adrenal fatigue. Once again (as I have before) I'm giving serious thought to weaning off...except that I don't want to give up MORE of my life to exhaustion. Caught between a rock and a hard place.
Best,
Laurie
dyankee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote