View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 05:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks so much Shelly for your advice. You are so nice. My husband and I gave it alot of thought and decided to try to give her a chance to live longer. We feel so bad that she has to get injections every day, but we feel we have to try to save her life. She's old but still so full of life. My husband gives her an injection of insulin each day after he comes home from work. I can't do it, because I can't hold the syringe and my hands are shaky. I give her an antibiotic orally twice daily for the UTI she has. She doesn't like the needle, but doesn't get that bothered from it either. And she already seems healthier and happier like her old self again. So we are very happy we're trying. I agree with you that they can live a normal and happy life. The only problem if finding the money to pay for her expenses. The vet was really nice and said we could set up a payment plan. It's still going to be hard, but we are going to try our hardest. Thanks to all for your kind and caring words. From your friend, Renee.
"Thanks for this!" says:
fbodgrl (04-09-2014), Lara (04-26-2014)