View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 05:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you so much for replying and doing it in such a thorough fashion! I was diagnosed about six years ago. I am thankful that my anti-mag is not painful - rather, it manifests itself with a constant electric buzz, dulled feelings in my extremities, loss of balance, and fine motor skills being compromised (typing is a bear!) Almost two years ago I had two treatments two weeks apart. I waited about three months to feel any different but then I dramatically improved. So, it was effective for a year and a half. Unfortunately, the symptoms are now coming back with a vengeance. I received another dose last Wednesday and go back for a repeat next week.

I am sorry to hear you aren't doing well. I hope you aren't in too much pain. I would definitely go for the treatment at least once - I had only the mildest of stomach upsets and a little tiredness for a couple of days. But I should say I have no other health concerns to complicate the situation. Yes, that PML is a very scarey prospect! I hadn't thought of immunosuppression though and will definitely look into that.

I am very, very fortunate in that I have a super health plan. Can the doctor not help you find a way to reduce the costs?

Be well and thanks again.
karen9093 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Synnove (04-08-2014)