View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 11:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, Now I understand. On BT1 I had a huge amount of posts and people use to say you must have a lot of knowledge about one topic or another. I told them that it didn't mean anything, since 99% of my posts were BS anyway. I kind of like being an unknown quantity!

Thanks for your help,

Linda

Linda,
I had to kinda laugh and nod my head when I read your post because at times it would seem like some people got too caught up in that "number" (of posts) and would post just to try to run it up- or to try to beat somebody elses number or to have the most posts of anybody,etc. And, as you said, I think sometimes some people would assume that because of the high number of posts, these people must be Albert Einstein....which was definitely not the case....At bt1, I went back occasionally and deleted all of my own posts because somebody who knows way more about computers than I do advised to do this occasionally and their reasoning made alot of sense to me. So, instead of my "big number" going up, it went down considerably to where it looked like I was a new member with very little posts- which was certainly no big deal to me....I'll be the first to admit that I'm no authority on anything, except maybe weight gain on Neurontin , so there is no reason for me to try to make myself appear any different- as in, smarter than I really am!
redjpwranglergirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
clark49 (12-20-2008)