View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 07:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Dorothy

I think advanced neuropathy can mean that the area of the body that is affected by neuropathy has expanded to include a larger area. Example of this is when PN starts in feet,and eventually travels up to cover all of legs.

Or that the neuropathy has advanced because initially symptoms were mild, and things seem to be getting worse.

I too am also am a bit puzzled as to how the neuro can predict how long it would take for symptoms to pop up,as one thing I know about PN is that it's very unpredicatable.

Your PN might not be getting worse,it may just be changing in it's characteristics.To give you an example, when I first got PN, it was really really bad as it encompassed my entire body. Now I hardly ever get zaps or burning. I have some cramping and tightness that's fleeting, but it's still so much better than it was. Just think of your entire body being on fire, that's what it felt like. Now I have some muscle pains, but I'll take this over the strong sensory symtoms anyday.

I am seeing an osteopath now,nd he has helped me quite a bit. He works on muscle groups and realigns muscles, primarily shoulders,back,kneck, and legs.
I feel great afterwards but it's a bit short lived.I have also had PT in the past and I find it very useful. I would really give it a go if you can.
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote