View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 08:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by glxpassat View Post
Hello all– so what brought me here, was in another forum, someone mentioned “CRPS” and I had no idea what it stood for. I looked it up, and to my surprise almost every symptom seemed directed at me. Let me take you back 10 months ago.

Memorial weekend 2013, I was involved in a really bad ATV accident; where I sustained high-energy breaks. I had two very displaced breaks in my tibia, and a very displaced fibula break. I had emergency surgery to fix my leg; which was an Intramedullary nail, and screws. 3 days later, I ended up deathly sick from an infection resulting from one of my incisions. Back in the hospital for 3 days, to get the infection under control.

During the next 6 months I had so much pain, which resulted in another surgery. After my last surgery I had experienced a lot of Achilles pain from taking some of the screws out of my ankle. Finally around February, unable to get out of this major exhaustion and pain, I decided to go in and get a blood panel done; which came back normal. I was told however, the extreme fatigue could actually be a reaction to the anesthesia, and it can last up to a year! Two doctors stated this, but I simply can’t find any info on it.

I’m going in to see my primary doctor next week, because I can’t live like this. I can hardly keep my eyes open, and the pain experienced daily has worn on me. I figured I would get others opinions and see if anyone has any ideas????

I really appreciate any information!

~Becca
Hey There! Sorry to hear about your accident. There's a possibility that it could be CRPS, but you are going to want to start seeing a pain management doctor to get an ABSOLUTE diagnosis on that. I might be over stepping my bounds but I think that you should know that CRPS has no cure. They only treat the symptoms which is ridiculous amounts of pain.

I think that you should also look up conditions that mimic the symptoms of RSD/CRPS. In the mean time, it couldn't hurt to start taking Vitamins. Specifically C (in large amounts over the course of a day, it naturally reduces swelling, don't take it all at once otherwise you'll just urinate it out, like 1500mg at a time maybe like 3 or 4 hours apart.) Also Vitamin B12 is good. My personal favorite are the cherry flavored ones. B12 not only boosts the metabolism but it's also good for your nervous system, also in the healing process to make new DNA for cells, I take that after every meal, but not after dinner otherwise you'll be up all night lol. Two others that help with pain are Tumeric, which I've only found in Indian food stores or online, they come in a pill form and I take one everyday in the morning after breakfast. and the other one is Stevia in the Raw. Put a couple of those packets in a pitcher of Ice tea and it can help with pain as well. Now Tumeric and Stevia aren't going to work right away, they both have to build up in your system for awhile before you start seeing any kind of results.

I hope this helps. I've had CRPS for four years, and it helps me, doesn't completely take the pain away but it helps.
Luthier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote