View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 08:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Is your surgeon the one following that 1 surgeon that apparently was the only one who did TOS surgeries in Toronto? I cannot recall his name right now.

Anyway, I was lucky with Dr. Donahue and access to US surgeons because I lived and worked there for several years. I do not unfortunately have my TOS under control, Dr. D said I am one of the worst he has ever seen and he has seen A LOT. I am technically still recovering from my re-do and it did help but not enough for me to return to work or a normal life. I believe the seroma (complication) I got has a lot to do with the remaining pain in my arm and hand, so I am finally getting rid of that next week, but paying out of pocket for this surgery with Dr. D. I do not trust any other surgeon. Even though this is a smaller surgery. I did give it a chance, trying to get referred to someone here, but they said 6 to 12 month wait. No way I can wait that long, the surgeon I wanted to see obviously did not go over my notes properly to realize how severe my TOS is.
By the way, Dr. D has someone who has scans that show things like scar tissue, one more thing showing how much more advanced healthcare is there. I wish Cdn Drs would catch up already or at least keep up with the current research and new tests etc developed in the US.

Anyway, if you go through with this, good luck and keep us posted!

-6/20/14 Seroma Drainage Right Side

-7/18/13 Re-do of Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression by Resection of Cervical Rib, First Rib, and Neurolysis

-8/30/12 Unsuccessful Right sided Supraclavicular Thoracic Outlet Decompression via Scalenectomy, Brachial Plexus and C2 through T1 Neurolysis, Resection of fibrous band attachment to Cervical Rib and Pectoralis Minor Tenetomy
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Eight (04-27-2014)