View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Hi Space Cadet, not every thing you described, but a good portion of it is something I have been experiencing for the last 5-8 years. I have had 7 major diagnosed concussions and a fractured temporal lobe during my last traumatic incident. There are times that I feel in complete control, then without any by nor leave I become completely disoriented and overwhelmed by a feeling of helplessness, overcome by a feeling of malaise an not knowing what I am experiencing is real( like a semi dream state); this is often accompanied by severe downswings in mood and neurological symptoms such as numbness and tingling of my 4th and 5th finger on my left hand.

Can I ask you something personal, do you have a wife or girlfriend? And if so, how do you deal with their understanding of CTE; my wife becomes livid with me when I forget, or become disoriented to the point that she has separated from me once already before we eventually reconciled, are there any resources that you are aware of that could help her understand what we are experiencing. Cheers for any help you can offer
Rugbynoggin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote