View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 09:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luthier View Post
Hey There! Sorry to hear about your accident. There's a possibility that it could be CRPS, but you are going to want to start seeing a pain management doctor to get an ABSOLUTE diagnosis on that. I might be over stepping my bounds but I think that you should know that CRPS has no cure. They only treat the symptoms which is ridiculous amounts of pain.

I think that you should also look up conditions that mimic the symptoms of RSD/CRPS. In the mean time, it couldn't hurt to start taking Vitamins. Specifically C (in large amounts over the course of a day, it naturally reduces swelling, don't take it all at once otherwise you'll just urinate it out, like 1500mg at a time maybe like 3 or 4 hours apart.) Also Vitamin B12 is good. My personal favorite are the cherry flavored ones. B12 not only boosts the metabolism but it's also good for your nervous system, also in the healing process to make new DNA for cells, I take that after every meal, but not after dinner otherwise you'll be up all night lol. Two others that help with pain are Tumeric, which I've only found in Indian food stores or online, they come in a pill form and I take one everyday in the morning after breakfast. and the other one is Stevia in the Raw. Put a couple of those packets in a pitcher of Ice tea and it can help with pain as well. Now Tumeric and Stevia aren't going to work right away, they both have to build up in your system for awhile before you start seeing any kind of results.

I hope this helps. I've had CRPS for four years, and it helps me, doesn't completely take the pain away but it helps.
Just wanted to mention as well as no cure there is no test that is definitive proof of RSD or lack there of either. It is a clinical diagnosis and can take a long time and numerous doctor changes. Sorry to hear of your pain, I can only hope for your sake it is not RSD and is something curable instead. I don't know them all, but two of the things that most doctors look for in RSD diagnosis are extreme sweating at or near the worst pain region and a high sensitivity to ice.
Llynnyia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote