View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My aunt (the nurse) was over here tonight. Took one look at me, and wanted to know if I have lupus. Apparently I have a bright red rash on my face. She was worried until I showed her the printout of the bloodwork that I had last month. She said my bloodwork from late february is absolutely normal. Except for the b12 being low. If I didn't have MS, I'd be in great shape.

She wanted to know how my glucose was 82 (think that's what it was...) She said with all the crap I eat, I should be diabetic. She wanted to know how I had a blood sugar like that. (I have no idea what a normal blood sugar or abnormal blood sugars should be) I probably hadn't eaten yet the day that I had that blood taken. I wasn't eating well, and I'd been losing weight without trying.

My aunt even told me that from my blood test that I don't have allergies. I have no idea what thing she was looking at on the list when she said that, but she claimed that from the test results, I shouldn't have any seasonal allergies. (then why do I sneeze when I'm around ragweed?? and why do I have reactions to shellfish??)

My aunt told me before she went home that she thinks my not feeling good now is me coming down off the steroids. And she thinks I'm deconditioned (I already knew that. I keep trying to do stuff, and it's not helping)

I'm going to the doctor thursday for a follow up for all the steroids I choked down over the last month. See what he thinks. Then I need to go see the new physiatrist again. I better make the appointment for that tomorrow.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (04-09-2014), Mariel (04-12-2014)