View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 10:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
I know of some neuropathic (and other chronic pain) sufferers benefiting from smoking MMJ but what I am trying is CBD in the form of a transdermal patch. No smoke and no high whatsoever. I do not want to be high. I want to be healthy.

CNN has aired three documentaries on MMJ in recent months profiling several cases of chronic pain sufferers including small children with seizure disorders being treated here with CBD after pharmaceuticals have failed. There are also several studies supporting its use for neuropathic pain. There is data out there, just Google CBD and neuropathy.

Marijuana is a federally illegal drug but Colorado voters passed a law to legalize and tax it and the federal government said it will not interfere.

Again, I don't know how or if it will work for me but I am desperate and open to it. By the way, nothing could make me higher than Cymbalta!
Thanks for your post, I am very curious to hear how it goes. I have been reading a lot about it too lately, and have some acquaintances in the scientific field working on some of the end products. I have SFN, and want to try it for pain but almost more for nausea which I get with flairs of my autonomic neuropathy. And like you, I do not want to get high. When I was in the hospital earlier this year for intractable nausea, they did give me a cannibinoid, but a doctor did tell me that since I had not been a regular user of marijuna, it may not be effective for me. But that was one product and one doctor, so I'm still curious what's out there that could be helpful. Look forward to hearing of your experience
SFNgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (04-09-2014), eva5667faliure (05-19-2014), hopeful (04-09-2014)