View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 12:19 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I really don't think I'm depressed. I'm usually in a good mood, seemingly happy most of the time. Except when I feel like crap like I do for an extended amount of time. Lately I've felt sick ALL the time. I kind of feel a bit abandoned by doctors, even tho it's not their fault. (sorry if this sounds political, I'm trying to not be... but I think it's the health care law. I had great insurance until that thing hit. Now I'm spending all my money on doctors and other stuff because the deductible is way too high. I'm going to go broke before I hit the deductible. And I'm suddenly blocked from all the good hospitals/doctors because they suddenly don't take my insurance anymore)

This past winter was really hard. I was pretty much trapped in my house by the weather. (too bleeping cold!) and I was really bored because I couldn't get out to go yarn shopping, or go do anything fun.

I am really stressed out by my mother constantly verbally abusing me and my dad (I might have mentioned that she had a TBI in the late 1950s, and then she had West Nile encephalitis a couple of years ago. Which probably fried her last nerve). Every time I thought I was feeling ok, something would happen, and I'd start to feel really sick.

My dad being sick, and him being the only person in the house that's driving at the moment is starting to worry me a bit. His driving has scared me a few times over the past few weeks. (been a few times where I thought he was going to do something similar to what my neighbor did the other day to the back of her garage)

I need to get my car set up for hand controls. Trying to get that set up seems to be harder than I thought to have happen. My old physiatrist that I lost in the insurance mayhem seemed to be dragging his feet. I don't know if it's because he was also my mom's physiatrist, and he was confusing me with her or something. Or if he was just a lazy doctor. He's the only doctor I didn't mind losing. I've only seen the new physiatrist once. I need to go back and see him. He Rx-ed me an AFO for the left leg, but I hate that thing. It hurts, and I can hardly walk at all with that thing on.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (04-09-2014), Judy2 (04-09-2014), Mariel (04-12-2014), SallyC (04-10-2014)