View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwerky View Post
I was wondering if I could buy a cheap "greenhouse" and grow certisn veggies inside??
Can this be done? I have 2 very sunny windows.
Yes, there are different ways to go. The links will be image links to give you some ideas of what's available/possible.

One that combines what you're asking about is referred to as a greenhouse window that comes in a variety of configurations.

Another way is home hydroponics.

Vertical vegetable gardens is another, but like hydroponics, will likely require additional lighting.

Whichever way you want to go, choosing the right seeds/varieties is as important as the growth environment. Some verieties have been specially developed to grow/produce in these space-efficient gardens—regular outdoor seeds/varieties won't do well. Once you get going, however (if you're so inclined) you can develop your own hybrids/varieties.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (04-09-2014), Qwerky (04-09-2014)