View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 12:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Need advice re: additional SGB

Hi All,
I don't post often due to many other health issues besides RSD. I had RSD in all extremities from IV injury in 6/2007. Symptoms were managed and controlled. I had an acute flare in 2011 from sudden hit in my back. Symptoms were again well controlled and managed with a few nerve blocks and followed by hyperbaric therapy. On 10/1/13, I had a gradual RSD flares after a hysteroscopy ( removing a cyst and lining in my uterous). Symptoms were not bad, but I wanted to bring them back to baseline. My pain was 1 to 2 on the left hand and 2 to 3 on my right hand on the scale of 10. But now, 2-3 on the left and 3-4 on the right with two/three bilateral nerve blocks. I also had 10 sessions of hyperbaric therapy. I feel the blocks are not as effective as in the past because there was a one month gap in between the blocks and I did not get the first block until 2 months after the incident. Last blocks were done a month ago and I feel the pain has slowly returned and I am afraid it will escalated more If I do nothing.
I saw my pain doc yesterday. He is willing to offer more blocks but it is up to me to decide. My questions are should I go for more blocks, taking the risk trying to see whether the pain can return to my baseline or just leave it alone-wait and see. However, time may elapse even further from the incident date and I am afraid it may even less effective if I wait longer. My other question is did the nerve block causes make you worse.
I need to decide very soon. any feedback is greatly appreciated.
numb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tullis (04-09-2014)