View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 01:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey Mimi,

I wanted to come back and tell you that the test results came back and it wasn't MS. I have been diagnosed with Epilepsy. They also found a tiny cyst in the very center of my brain that they said is "nothing to worry about". Yeah...like I'm not gonna worry about that. LOL So now I'm on Epilepsy medicine (Keppra) and learning all I can about Epilepsy. My mom (a retired RN) says I never had anything that would make people think I had epilepsy, but I can remember in my 20s having this feeling of tensing up and tensing up and kept going til I got a POP! feeling and my entire body would do a big shake like a dog getting out of the bath. Then I'd be super tired and have to sleep for a bit. The neuro said those were seizures. I've only been on the medication for a week and last Saturday night I had a true grand mal seizure while asleep in bed. My family is a bit freaked out, as am I. The neuro said that the type of seizures I'd been having all along can easily flip to grand mal. Well, I flipped and now any seizure I have will probably be grand mal. BUT, it's just happening til my system gets enough of the meds in it, then I shouldn't have any more seizures unless I forget to take my meds. Believe me....I won't forget.

I hope you're doing well and getting answers...
Raigne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote