Old 04-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
Hello Laura

My daughter has Raynaud's so I have some knowledge of Raynaud's.

Raynaud's affects blood vessels and I am unaware of MS affecting (primary or secondary) blood vessels. Unfortunately, you have 2 separate diagnosis, MS and Raynaud's.

Information about Raynaud's:
http://my.clevelandclinic.org/heart/.../raynauds.aspx
Thanks for this Snoopy! Sorry to hear your daughter has Raynaud's. Does she have the disease or syndrome?

I do know it affects the blood vessels, and I didn't think it was directly associated with MS. I know regulating temperature for folks with MS is a problem for sure, but this is quite extraordinary what happens with my fingers and toes (and other parts of hands/feet).

It happens mostly, from what I've noticed, in cold & damp weather. If it's very cold and dry I haven't seen it happen that I can recall, though in damp/cold, definitely.

I do know that Raynaud's syndrome is mentioned alongside M.S. in some things I've read, so it's confusing for sure. At the end of the day I guess it hardly matters - I have M.S. and I have Raynaud's syndrome.

My doctor said there's medications you can take for it if it's very bad, but she wouldn't want me to take them unless I really needed them. They can lower blood pressure, and I already have quite low blood pressure.
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (04-10-2014), Erika (04-09-2014), Lynn (04-10-2014), SallyC (04-09-2014), Snoopy (04-21-2014)