View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 05:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Quick Intro - PCS in University... ADHD Meds?

Hi All !

Long time browser of the boards and I can say I've definitely learned a lot, (especially from Mark In Idaho)! Thank you all for that. I will likely make a larger post in the coming weeks but I'm currently in the middle of finals in my first year at university.

I do have one quick question tho, my doctor prescribed me vyvanse (adhd meds) to help with the inability to focus while doing school work, and I've been using it only during times where I wouldn't be able to complete work otherwise. I know that many members of neuro adviser against it, but I am just wondering if there is any real long term harm? I understand it's putting a lot of strain on my brain because I cant really feel the negative effects of the concussion while I work. But it honestly is extremely helpful in aiding my studies.. I've been able to push through this school year - not without many ups and downs I admit - but overall I haven't made much progress for better or for worse in terms of recovery, but have maintained an A average regardless..

This was longer then i though haha - study breaks tend to be that way for me anyways.

Basically I'm just looking for some advise from those who have been able to attend school while recovering from pcs (or have knowledge of someone who has), and also some comments on my methods of coping!

Thanks,

Gooner22
Gooner22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote