View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 12:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodgrl View Post
LTD company is saying that is how the policy is written. If I am not on SS by 36 months they stop paying me. Like its my fault it is taking SS so long to pull their heads out of their ***'s! My LTD started 6 months after I was off work and I applied for SS around 5 months after that. If SS is approved then it goes to retirement age...where they will only be paying a portion because of the maximum on my policy.

I really need to get my policy out and look through it, but you know how that goes....I plan to do a hundred things and like 2 get done!
Definitely get that policy out and take a look at it. I thought most LTD policies paid until SSNRA. Most pick up after being out 6 months (when STD ends if you have it). I really had to fight to get my benefits. My LTD benefit is to pay 60% of my salary. Since I got approved for SSD, LTD pays the difference between SSD and that 60%. They told me after 24 months I would continue to receive benefits only if I was unable to do any job. Umm, SSD already determined that.

And yes, I know what you mean about planning to do many things and maybe getting 1 or 2 done...story of my life!
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (05-28-2014), fbodgrl (04-13-2014)