Thread: Ankle pain
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 10:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Ankle pain

Hi everyone. I have only occasional mild burning anymore since I am on a lower dose of COPD meds and less 'other-type-of-pain-I-call-neuropathy-but-I-don't-know- if-it really-is-pain'. I think the meds cause the symptoms but if not they do certainly trigger them.

I am always get pain if I try to walk a mile or so every day, this has gone on for years. I can do ok for 2 days and then I have pain. I need to exercise more and was alternating core exercises and dancing with walking but I hurt myself (too old to boogie I guess) so am just going to try to walk for awhile.

I get a little pain/numbness/tingling in a stocking pattern but what is troubling is a deep sort of ache that runs kind of down the side of my leg and by my ankle bone. I saw a drawing of the sural nerve and that looks like where it hurts. I read there can be entrapment there and that may be it as the meds give me soft tissue swelling or something and I have a lot of carpel tunnel, etc. when I take a larger dose. Or it could be muscle pain with nerve paresthesias that makes it hurt worse but it doesn't go away with conditioning. Doctors don't care as long as I am breathing.

I was wondering if anyone had a remedy, would magnesium rub be of any value? I am going to go walk now and will soon be to the point where it feels like someone cut off my feet and I am walking around on sharpened leg bones. Any suggestions appreciated, I really need to exercise to keep my respiratory system going as well as it can.

thanks
judi
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote