View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 12:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Attention Pushing myself to work Full time

Today its almost 4 months from my head injury, my major issues are headaches, fatigue, dizziness and some memory issues. I am fatigued and dizzi even after 45 mins of normal activity (getting ready for office, cooking, shopping)

Thanks to my husband, I am getting all possible help at home so that I can continue my new job which I like, part time (4 hrs/day). As a Sr. Software Engineer I have to work on computers, keep developing new products and learning new technologies.

My neurologist at Kaiser is not willing to extend my part time work request and wants me to start full time. She mentioned that nothing much can be done for my issues as they do not understand PCS much. My symptoms got worse when ever I tried pushing my self more than I can do.

Any suggestion on how to deal with this situation? How can I reduce my dizziness and fatigue, is there any treatment I can ask my neuro for?

What I have tried till now: Vitamin ragim, yoga, vivactil/protriptyline for headaches, speech therapy for memory issues.

Any help, suggestion is appreciated,
Thanks and Regards,
Pinka
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My story if you are interested:

I had general anesthesia for my 3 wisdom teeth extraction. After taking rest for 5-6 hours, I did kitchen chores for 15-20 mins. I felt dizzy and fell head first on tile floor on one side from the stool. I was unconscious for 3-4 minutes and did not feel the cuts which I got from the broke bowl which was in my hand. We rushed to the emergency as those cuts were too big to be taken care at home. I had one of the worst headaches in my life even though I was on strong painkillers for my teeth extraction.

I contacted my dentist for headaches and week ness who mentioned this might be because of head injury. Got normal CT and MRI result and was diagnosed by Post Concussion Syndrome.

Today its almost 4 months from my injury, my major issues are headaches, fatigue, dizziness and some memory issues. I am fatigued and dizzi even after 45 mins of normal physical activity (getting ready for office, cooking, shopping)

I never thought that such a small head injury can lead to long lasting issues, I got very good job offer, joined it after two months of head injury, taking 2-3 weeks of intermittent time off and reduced work from my previous job. Initial two week of my new full time job were very bad so reduces it to 4 hours/day with help at home.

I am desperate to come back to my normal state and would like to take care of my 3 year old son and husband, instead of them taking care of me.
pinka16 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote