View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 12:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodgrl View Post
LTD company is saying that is how the policy is written. If I am not on SS by 36 months they stop paying me. Like its my fault it is taking SS so long to pull their heads out of their ***'s! My LTD started 6 months after I was off work and I applied for SS around 5 months after that. If SS is approved then it goes to retirement age...where they will only be paying a portion because of the maximum on my policy.

I really need to get my policy out and look through it, but you know how that goes....I plan to do a hundred things and like 2 get done!
My wife's short term disability was 6 months. Her LTD would have been only 2 years but was denied at the last minute by a doctor who, for some strange reason, replaced her regular doc at a pain center at the last minute. Who told us that she was just fine and dandy and can go back to work, and proceeded to run out of the examination room, never to be seen by us again. She could never go back to work, in fact worked for 4 years with severe RSD pain before she went on short term. We think her very powerful and very large employer had a little say in how the outcome will be. We know this because my wife was in benefits for the same company for decades and knew first hand how much influence large employers have over insurance companies and their treatment of employees.

Anyway, it took her 3 years and 3 appeals to acquire SSDI. NEVER GIVE UP AND ALWAYS APPEAL!!!!!!
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (05-28-2014), fbodgrl (04-13-2014)