View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 07:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've not read much Lovecraft but am aware of the concept of dream worlds.

I, too, am a lucid dreamer. I actually had to learn to be one to deal with recurring nightmares that ended up playing out a scenario of something tragic that happened to me as a very young child. My family never got help for me and never spoke of it after it happened so I spent nearly 20 years having horrible "dreams". Finally I started therapy and was taught the theory of lucid dreaming and how to "take charge" in my dreams and how to wake myself, and completely move body positions so that I would not drop back into the terrifying dream when I went right back to sleep.

Finally, with lots of guidance from my counselor, the dream "played" itself out and the repressed memory came forward and was able to be dealt with. But since then I've been a lucid dreamer. Of course I talk about dreaming when I'm a World Class Insomniac, but when I AM capable of a few hours of sleep I can choose to be in charge after years of training.

Of course, none of this has to do with Lyrica, but I appreciate the questions Doc. I've read around the site a bit and you always crack me up AND educate me on different subjects.
Raigne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (04-10-2014)