Old 04-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default weaning off Lyrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by martine1975 View Post
Yeah, thanks to the Lyrica medication my Fibromialgy is totally cured. For a long time I've been promoting Lyrica to other people too. Saying that it was some sort of wonder pill. An all purpose pill and it is.

But the Gabapentin will still cost like 75 dollars a month and that i think is too much so i decided to quit the Lyrica.

I'm all focused on doing so and I'll start a blog to share my findings into detail. I'm a very positive person, but it scares me that im just so positive and happy and not worried because of a pill.

I thought that it was my character, but it seems to be all fake! Weird weird weird.

I'll share my findings cause right now i refuse to believe that my happiness is pill depending.
This is my first post here. I've been on Lyrica, 50g at night, for 3 years. I was put on it because of fibromyalgia and burning sensation under my skin. During the time in which I've been this drug, the classification was changed to "controlled substance" and I have to go to see my doctor each time I want a prescription renewed. On one occasion, I was without pills for a weekend and it was terrible.

Two weeks ago I decided to withdraw from Lyrica completely. My doctor changed my prescription to 25mg, which I took for a week. Now I am taking 25mg every other day. I have symptoms which are unpleasant, but, so far, manageable. I feel blue and have lost my appetite. I am hoping that it continues to dissipate as I further wean myself off this medication. I am totally turned off by the awful Lyrica commercials and by the physical dependency.

Judy
Ravensong is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-11-2014)