View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 09:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default gums feel puffy 4 1/2 weeks after a simple upper molar extraction

I had tooth #2 ( upper right side, second tooth to last one ) pulled 4 1/2 weeks ago. It was a simple extraction by oral surgeon, went without problems, this tooth was root canaled about 17 years ago. Had pain since then, on and off, x- ray never showed anything wrong. After the extraction I took motrin 600 mg when I needed it for pain, which wasn't too bad. But I had that pain on and off for 2 weeks, and on the 11-th day I woke up with this puffy feeling in my gums, around the extraction site. On the 14-th day I went back to the OS, he said it's healing well just a little red in the socket, but because I have this pain, just in case I need to take clindamycin, and give it a week or two. I wasn't happy about the antibiotic, but I took it. Nothing changed, 3 weeks after the extraction I went to my regular dentist, it was a day after I finished the antibiotic, she took an x-ray, said it looks ok, still little red, but healing well, give it a week or two more, I'm just a slow healer. Yesterday I went to an ENT dr. because I feel this fullness above where the tooth was pulled, had a sinus ct scan, everything looks ok. Is this normal ? Still feeling this puffiness in my gums, even if it doesn't look swollen ? Please, help ! Thank, You !
nyuszisue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote