View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 12:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Degenerating disks, dementia, bipolar II

I've had arthritis in my neck and back since college. Exercise and some aspirin worked for a long time, then for 20+ years acupuncture. The last two years it's gotten much worse and nothing helps, no pills, no injections, and the cervical and lumbar vertebrae are fractured and degenerating. They say I run a fairly high risk of some paralysis in an operation.

My mother's family has lots of dementia, mostly physically based like carotid arteries clogging and blocking oxygen. My dad died with Alzheimer's and his mom probably did too. I have four genetic markers for Alzheimer's.

For nearly ten years I've been treated for bipolar disorder, type II. The medications mostly all now are having side effects--sleep walking, insomnia, rash, or not helping.

I'm pushing 70 and was recently bullied into quitting my job. The job kept me going, having something to do I was good at. Now I have no income, nothing besides Medicare insurance, and my health is worse because I'm so depressed (my opinion). I have Medicare PCP, T, & pdoc. I don't feel like I'm getting any better in any way.

If anyone has found help for these, I'd appreciate hearing about you.
Roads is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (04-11-2014)