View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 05:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by numb View Post
Hi all,
I was so stupid. I wrote a long note but did not login. My response was lost. Anyway, thanks so much for your responses. I will probably go for more blocks ans hoping for the best.
Tallis,
You are still early and you may get full remission with additional blocks.
Nanc, wharf kind og adverse reaction did u get from the block?
Catra, how did you get the spread? Was it from the block or something went wrong?
I need to stop because my pelvic pain really bother me now.
Thanks so much.
Yeah...it was the block. My RSD at the time was in my left ankle only and after the last block I started to get AWFUL pain at the injection site and kept getting worse and worse. It spread from my back to my neck, and torso, to my shoulders, down both arms, and into both hands before we got things under control again. No one wanted to admit it was spread at first (including myself)...but that was ridiculous...went through every test under the sun and the only thing left standing on the table was RSD...again.

On the scale of invasive treatments for RSD...blocks are very low on the list...but it still involves needles and an injection. Unfortunately for me...that was enough to start the monster in my upper body. But I don't blame anyone...just unlucky I guess. I also had a MRSA infection at the time of the block (which I told the nurse and the doctor but they didn't believe me because my primary care doctor didn't put me on antibiotics right away). No one knows if the infection had any part in the rapid spread or not...but it was a potential factor.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote