View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 11:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

SallyC,

Thanks for your response. I would be very grateful for your opinion on the following... and anyone else's also of course:

I was prescibed 1.5mg, but the MD I saw was very ignorant. He didn't even know what gelatin is. That is crazy!!! When I told him I'm happy I found a compounding pahramcy who can give me veggie capsules instead of gelatin... he proceeded to ask me "what is gelatin" and then asked his assisatnt to clarify what is gelatin. I also told this MD that I will be getting MRIs every 6 months and he lectured me (NUMEROUS TIMES regardless of whether contrast dye is used or not) that getting so many MRIs is bad/detrimental. The opposite is true!! Obviously, it is super imporant to get MRIs especially since I very recently, stopped all MS drugs and am trying out LDN and need to see what is happening!! I actually get MRIs without contrast sicne I had bad reaction to the dye previously. The dye is a toxic substance.

He also told me if I handle 1.5mg fine for the first 2 weeks, he would still REFUSE to increase the dose. I have now been forced to make another appointment with another MD who is hopefully more EDUCATED than the one I saw. The one I saw only charged $65 and I can clearly see why. The new MD I'm seeing next week charges $375... so expensive and doens't accept insurance but I feel like I have no choice. I REALLY need a valid opinion on optimal dosage of LDN for MS.

... so I am seeing this MD next week who seems very good but very expensive *admin edit*

I am very worried that 1.5mg will NOT do nearly as good of a job at keeping MS from progressing as let's say... a 3 or 4.5mg???

Thanks.

Last edited by Chemar; 04-11-2014 at 11:14 AM. Reason: sorry no links allowed for new members
LillyMS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (04-11-2014), SallyC (04-11-2014)