View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 02:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Before my concussion I was a runner/hiker/climber... I remember one day thinking I felt a bit better and went for a run, not long, like you, around 10 minutes, oh boy I paid for it for days after!

When I could I just started walking, only short distances at first as it made my head hurt but it got better.

This is so deceiving, we feel a bit better and try to do a lot more but it backfires. I had to take it so slow but then didn't get that crushing fatigue etc.

I didn't sleep well for years and then after the concussion it became worse, would wake up every hour or so.

I take magnesium in the evening, sometimes an epsom salts bath and also read in bed, it relaxes me.

Of course a comfy bed, pillow, sheets etc helps. I know if I'm on the computer before bed it's harder to sleep so I try to have quietness.

Also, sounds funny but in the evening I hardly have any lights on in the house, my husband calls me an owl! Light hurts my eyes though.

I have some of those flameless candles, just love them, they relax me just by looking at them!

Don't do too much, we think we can but then feel worse afterwards, take it easy! take good care of yourself! hugs...
Sitke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote