View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 07:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lilly,

I started taking LDN four or five years ago. I started at 2 mg and moved up to 3 after a month or so. I hate swallowing pills so I had it compounded in liquid form at first. It was only good for 3 weeks so I had to keep going back for refills before I sucked it up and got the capsules.

Taking LDN was life changing for me. The worst part of my MS was heat intolerance and that disappeared after the first month. I very seldom "crash" anymore and definitely have more energy. I can't speak to relapses because I only had two, six years apart, before I began taking LDN. I've never taken any other drugs for MS.

If you have surgery or severe pain and need opiates you cannot take LDN as it is an opiate antagonist. It will block the effect of the opiates.

I take mine when I go to bed as I never fall asleep right away. There have been a few times when I wasn't very diligent about taking the LDN. Little things started creeping in but once I resumed the LDN I was back to "normal".

I hope it works well for you, but I wouldn't expect much at 1.5 mg. "They" say that 4.5 mg is optimal for MS unless you get an increase in spasticity.

Anyway, I'm a believer! That says a lot because I also tend to be a skeptic.

Carol
CarolM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (04-13-2014), Erika (04-11-2014), SallyC (04-11-2014)