View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 10:29 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1234 View Post
After reading Hopeful's last post, I feel selfish posting this since she is so concerned with how her family feels and all I want to do is end this.
I just do not undertstand. Why me? Why us? When will this nightmare end? I find myself looking around at other people thinking I would o anything to be them-to be normal and healthy. Meanwhile my prayers go unanswered. As hopeful said there has got to be a reason for this....
Most—if not all—of us have been through this—and more. I've accepted that the answers may never be found/known, and I'm concentrating more on adapting, taking better care of myself, and trying to enjoy what I still have.

A couple of things that have helped me move on are knowledge/understandings of some things we have in common—the stages of grief (a.k.a. Kübler-Ross Model) as applied to chronic illness, and the Vicious Cycle(s) of Chronic Pain (and one or more of anxiety, insomnia, stress, depression...)

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote