View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 08:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

nyuszisie,

Having any type of surgery just prior to your menses can slow down the healing from the surgery.

If the OS opens up the site there is a chance of developing a dry socket. The healing would be similar to that of the extraction. The debidement takes a few minutes and yes a local anesthetic is adequate.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuszisue View Post
Hello ! I don't smoke I never did. I was border line on Lupus test 2 years ago, no medications so far, and the dry mouth is not that bad. I'm on birth controll pills and I had the extraction the day before my period started, does that make any difference in the healing ?
If the OS reopens the wound there is a chance for dry socket again ? and how long that debridement procedure takes ? local anestethic is enough during the procedure ?
Thank you !!

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote