Thread: New comer
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 04:06 AM
anon6715

anon6715

Hi Matthew

Welcome. I'm sorry you need to be here though. The people here are terrific and there is lots of information. We are all different so what works for one person may not work for another but there are plenty of great ideas floating around here so hopefully you will find some that help you.

One thing I did want to say though is you are a husband and father now. CRPS didn't take that away. I know things are very difficult now and there are probably many things you can't do but being a husband and a father is about the love you feel for your family.

I developed CRPS following surgery to repair torn cartilage in my wrist in December 2012, so I am about one year further on from where you are. It has gotten better. I did a lot of physio and I tried to use my hand as much as possible, reason. I have far more mobility now than I did one year ago. One thing that I found helpful was to use a heat pack before and after doing my physio exercises. I also celebrated the small steps forward.

Taking pictures all the way through was a great idea. I wish I had done that. Now it is difficult for me to explain to new doctors how bad it was.

Take care.

KimA

Quote:
Originally Posted by family man View Post
I need to get back to a position of being a husband and father again.
Thanks,
Matthew
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
visioniosiv (04-14-2014)